Sunday, June 5, 2011

Excitement and Adventures at the Biosphere

I am excited to participate at the Biosphere2 for the next two weeks (June 10-June 25) to learn more about Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). I will be living at the Biosphere2 with more than forty 4th, 5th, and 6th grade teachers who have been chosen to be in the STEM program from different parts of Arizona. I hope to share my experiences with my students and the Fruchthendler community, as I explore, go on adventures, and inquire about the mysteries of our world. Check back often and ask as many questions as you want. Simply, this is going to be a really cool experience. I look forward to sharing what I learn!

4 comments:

  1. Have fun at the Biosphere!!!! Good Luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am So glad you are doing this! Have Fun! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your Biosphere experience.
    One day I hope to visit Biosphere myself.
    Did you actually bake something in the solar oven?
    Jack and I and of course, Chris and family enjoyed visiting your
    class during the Adopt a Pilot Program.
    I was impressed with the relaxed, polite, learning and sharing atmosphere of the classroom.
    Thank you for the opportunity to meet you and Josie's friends.
    Silvija Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I haven't baked anything in the Solar Oven just yet, but it sounds like it would be fun to do as a classroom project. Putting spoonfuls of cookie dough in cupcake foil liners would be perfect for baking in these ovens. I enjoyed your visit as well. The Adopt A Pilot program is a great benefit for the students and airlines.

    ReplyDelete